Good nutrition and exercise are often thought important for our looks and health, but they can also affect fertility. Those who are struggling with fertility have already had these problems checked and in many cases, the above issues have-not been effectively addressed, particularly a proper assessment of thyroid.
Below are some well-known factors that can affect the ability to conceive and carry a pregnancy to term:
- Tobacco and Alcohol decrease fertility.
- Sex hormone imbalances affect fertility.
- Imbalance in Thyroid hormone levels. It is well known by all that low thyroid hormone levels increase the chances of infertility.
There is a variety of nutrition-related factors that could potentially affect fertility few things are mentioned below that I feel are the most likely to potentially help a couple conceive.
- Maintain a healthy weight, but be careful: Obesity increases the risk of infertility in women and men. Maintain a healthy body can become a challenge to anyone, some people go for diet to do so but you must remember that also diet and exercise can affect thyroid and fertility.
- Avoid Gluten: Several studies have found fertility problems in people with the Celica’s Disease. This makes sense because the gluten intolerance creates an intestinal tract that is compromised and, thus, not absorbing nutrients well
- Multivitamins: Taking a good quality multivitamin and minerals is a good way to optimize fertility. Many vitamins and minerals are needed that affect fertility, from egg and sperm production of thyroid hormones. Research proved that a variety of nutrients playing a role in male and female fertility that include zinc, vitamin C, folate and vitamin E. Many studies found that 69% of women on fertility treatment and taking a multivitamin conceived compared to 41% in those only supplementing with folic acid.
- Women should avoid consuming low-fat dairy products: It is extremely important, because women are advised to consume dairy products to ensure adequate calcium intake, however it is always specified to choose low-fat versions in order to lower risk of heart disease from the saturated fat that dairy products contain. In fact, intake of low-fat dairy could be lowering their ability to conceive. If women tolerate dairy, they should consume full-fat versions; these did not increase risk of infertility.
- List of Foods Need to Be Avoided: Foods you need to get rid of to uphold endometriosis diet are wheat or foods rich in gluten like cakes , breads and pasta, alcohol, any caffeinated beverages, fried foods, chocolates, soy products or any food that contains hydrogenated fats and margarine, dairy products as it improves inflammatory issues, any processed foods, refined sugars and red meats.
- Men should avoid exposure to Bisphenol A (BPA): A study found that exposure to BPA reduced not just sperm counts, but vitality and motility in men. Dietary sources are considered the primary source of exposure. Therefore, do not microwave foods with plastic wrap up; avoid canned foods and drinking from plastic bottles.
- Men should avoid eating too much protein: Men who consume a lot of soy have reduced sperm count this goes along with the estrogen dominance issues. Protein rich foods are high in phytoestrogens that exert mild estrogenic effects in the body. High intake of soya results lower sperm production.
Overall, good nutrition help you to get rid of many issues related to infertility so eat healthy and stay fit!